The purpose of this page is to assist you during your time as a faculty member in the Security Studies Program.
Please contact the SSP Coordinator of Faculty Affairs and Communications at 202.687.2817 if you have any questions regarding any of the resources included on this page.
You may also visit the SFS Faculty Resource page for further information.
SSP Faculty Resources:
- Academic Calendar
- Faculty Handbook
-Canvas and Blackboard are online teaching platforms that connects faculty with their students. Here, you can post your syllabi, class reading materials, and powerpoints.
- Book Orders
- Classroom Audio/Visual Needs
- Course Evaluations
- Email/Google Apps
- Zoom enables you to conduct live online class presentations, conferences, and meetings. Here you can connect with students and colleagues from around world with audio, video and screen sharing.
- My Access
-My Access is available for faculty to post grades, course schedules, and class lists.
-Explore is Georgetown's web repository where faculty can manage their individual profiles. Information from My Access is posted to Explore.
Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Title IX at Georgetown
- Confidentiality Policy: Faculty, Staff working with Students
- Confidential Counselors on Campus
- Reporting Procedures
- Student Options: To File or Not File A Complaint
- What If I am accused
University Faculty Resources:
- Classroom Technology (CETS)
-CETS provides educational technology and media from the University Library collection to Main Campus classrooms and a select number of conference rooms.
- Georgetown University Faculty Handbook
- GoCard (GU ID)
- Safeassign is an internet application used by faculty to search for textual similarities between students' papers and material found on the internet. Faculty may use this site through Blackboard.
- University Information Services (UIS)
Your resource for academic and information technology services. Help Desk, desktop support, student technology services, residential networking, NetID office, training, software, and technology classrooms.
- University Registrar
Your resource for information regarding course scheduling, registration, evaluations and grading.
- Where can I park? How much does it cost? Information on parking at Georgetown is available from the Office of Transportation Management.
- Where can I find a campus map? Georgetown Campus Map Directory
- Where can I access Blackboard? Blackboard is a Web-based learning management system (LMS) which provides many types of tools, files, and features for enriching the learning experience. Blackboard integrates with MyAccess to provide a functional course space for displaying content, interacting with students, and assessing students’ work.
- Where can I access my Georgetown email? Georgetown Apps and Email
- How do I submit grades? When are grades due? All final grades are to be submitted through MyAccess. Information on how to submit grades is available from the Registrar. Grade submission deadlines can be found by looking on the academic calendar.
- Why do I need a GoCard? The GoCard is a needed id card used for the following:
- Access card for campus buildings, library, and the GUTS bus
- On and off campus debit card
- Official identification card
- Printing card
- Copy card
- Parking card
The GoCard office is located at the UIS Help Desk in the Leavey Center Bookstore
Who should I call if I have trouble with my Georgetown password? Please email University Information Services (UIS) at email@example.com or call them at 202-687-4949.