(Re)Connect With SSP
SSP encourages alumni to remain engaged with the program, no matter how long ago they may have graduated. Check out the opportunities below or reach out to our Assistant Director of Admissions and Alumni Engagement, Jared Pic, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more ways to get involved with the program.
- Alumni Mentor Program: The SSP Alumni Mentor program connects current SSP students with alumni working in their security subfield or organization of interest. To learn more and sign up to be a mentor, reach out to Jared Pic, at email@example.com. Once a student has been put into contact with an alumni mentor, both parties are expected to make a good-faith effort to cultivate the relationship. The student-alumni mentor experience can be extremely rewarding, but like any good relationship, it requires an investment of time and energy.
- Events: SSP alumni are encouraged to attend all public SSP events, as well as many events that are not open to the general public such as our weekly lunch talks, workshops, and guest lectures. We also offer alumni-only events, including social and networking events. To receive updates about events that are open to alumni, sign up for our biweekly newsletter.
- Alumni Newsletter: SSP sends out a biweekly newsletter for to our alumni that includes news, job opportunities, upcoming events, and chances to get involved with SSP. Click here to sign up and be added to the list for our biweekly newsletter.
- SFS Career Center: SSP alumni have lifetime access to most services offered by the SFS Career Center, including one-on-one advising appointments, events, and the WalshWorks database of opportunities.
- Georgetown Alumni Association: Georgetown’s Alumni Association offers a range of services to all Georgetown University alumni, including events, regional groups and professional alliances, and career services. Their extensive career services include a listing of vetted career coaches, job boards, and a private directory where you can search for and connect with other alumni.